Today was my first day back on the mats for sparring day, I got lit up. I kept dropping my hands after throwing kicks and paid for it.
It was so much fun to have the adrenaline dumping again. I felt 100% confident with my left leg (MCL injured 6 months ago) and was throwing switch kicks and teeps without hesitation.
Although I did hit a few groins today (sorry fellas!), I caught a bunch of rights and hooks to my chin. Need to keep my hands up.
By the time BJJ open mat started, my glycogen storage was almost depleted. I caught second wind and was able to squeeze in a few rounds before leaving 1/2 through.
I’m considering energy snacks and supplements between classes.
- Carb load before the 2X classes
- Up cardio conditioning (biking and road work)
- Plan meals & clean up diet
- Weighed in at 189 lbs earlier this week, after class checked in at 185 lbs
- Introduce stretching light yoga work into week